Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Knee Pain

This post in the series is going to focus on knee pain.  I have had several people come to me with knee pain.  Some of them are runners or serious weight lifters and some have a chronic disease such as Fibromyalgia or have sustained a strain at work.

I am bringing this to the fore, as I feel that there are many people with knee pain who may think that they need orthopedic interventions such as injections or surgery.  All of the people who came to see me with knee pain were coming to see if I could help before they went to an orthopedic doctor or they had seen an orthopedic doctor and given the option of injections but wanted to try a less invasive approach before having injections in their knee.

I actually spoke with an orthopedic doctor this week about using Myopractic as an option for pain management and he was very excited to be able to offer this to his patients.  In his words, "we need other options, especially since we are so limited on writing prescriptions as we try to get this opioid crisis under control."  This orthopedic doctor also knows that I am an RN and stated that he trusts that if I can't help someone I would know to refer them to a medical doctor for evaluation.  I am excited to still use my nursing assessment to determine if someone needs to be referred to a different professional to ensure they get the best care possible.

In all of my clients I noted that the muscles in the calf and the thigh were very tight.  As I began to massage and realign the muscles I noticed that the origins and insertions around the knee continued to have lots of tension.  As I continued treatment, releasing muscles and tendons the clients went from having a lot of pain to having no pain at all in their knees.

The proof is always in whether the relief they felt on the table continued into their daily lives and every single one of them was able to report to me that they had no knee pain at all after the treatment they received to release and realign their muscles.  One client who was a runner and had been sidelined for several months due to the knee pain had even gone for a run and reported no pain after the run when she came back for a followup treatment.  The right knee she had been having pain in for a year, had prevented her from running and she now reports that it has been several weeks since the first treatment and she has absolutely no pain at all in her knee!   A couple other clients came back a few weeks later for maintenance treatments and reported no pain since the initial treatment!

I know that before I discovered Myopractic therapy I had no idea how much addressing the muscles in our body could help to alleviate and sometimes even eliminate pain!  As nurses, we are taught how to manage pain with medications and positioning, etc but we are not taught that our patients could possibly eliminate their pain with therapy such as Myopractic.  Even physical therapy did not have a good track record of resolving pain issues for my patients.  Until I discovered Myopractic therapy, I really did not have an alternative for pain relief to offer my patients.  Now that I have discovered this treatment and use it for myself and my family, I am excited to share it with everyone.

Imagine if the pain you are living with daily could actually be treated in a few sessions and kept away with a maintenance schedule of a treatment every few weeks?  The cost of your quality of life is worth it!  I know that every one of my family members as well as myself continue to benefit from Myopractic.   I don't live with the leg aches I used to have because I now understand that it is muscle involvement and I get regular treatments to help me.

If you are reading this and you are thinking that you or someone you know could use this type of treatment please contact us www.cornerstone-of-wellness.com.   We would be happy to see you and be a partner in your journey to wellness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year, New Body

So it's the New Year, a new decade, and you have goals!  Many of us take this new beginning as an opportunity to reflect on our lives, a...